When I was younger I used to love filling out surveys like this one. Since a few of you are new around my blog area ( WELCOME ! ) I thought this would be perfect to get to know me a little bit more!
1. What are your nicknames? What do you prefer to be called? I have a lot; Cait is what my family and close friends ( like you all! ) call me, and KK for when my sister couldn't say my name as kids.
2. What books on your shelf are begging to be read? I’m finishing up Red Rising and starting a new one
3. How often do you doodle? What do your doodles look like? I used to doodle all the time but just fun little hearts with my name or boy's names..such a girl thing right?
4. What do you do if you can’t sleep at night? Do you count sheep? Toss and Turn? Try to get up and do something productive? I check my phone which is probably the worst because before I know I'm answering e-mails and texts at like 2am and a few hours go by!
5. How many days could you last in solitary confinement? How would you do it? I could for a few hours if I had a good book!
6. Do you save old greeting cards and letters? Throw them away? Absolutely save! I have all the old Valentine's day letters/notes/Birthday cards Zach and I have shared over the last 10 years. It's so sweet to go back and look at them.
7. Who is the biggest pack rat you know? Probably me
8. When making an entrance in to a party, do you make your presence known? Do you slip in and look for someone you know? Do you sneak in quietly and find a safe spot to roost? I guess it depends on the type of party and if I know a lot of people. If so, I'll be totally comfortable otherwise if not I'll sneak in and find someone to say hi too.
9. What is your strongest sense? If you had to give one up, which would it be? My hearing ha. Zach would say I can hear the softest noises at times. If I had to give one up..wow that's tough! Touch?
10. How many times a day do you look at yourself in the mirror? Every time I pass one I guess.
11. What is the strangest thing you believed as a child? That something lived in my closet or under my bed! I still have to sleep with the covers around my shoulders thinking it'll be a shield to protect me. I know...
12. What is one guilty pleasure you enjoy too much to give up? Coffee and shopping
13. Who performs the most random acts of kindness out of everyone you know? My 90 year old Grandmother still knits blankets for preemies in the hospital, helps with Meals on Wheels and always send a birthday card or holiday card to every family member.
14. How often do you read the newspaper? Which paper? Which sections? I'll watch the News at home.
15. Which animals scare you most? Why? I hate snakes.
16. Are you more likely to avoid conflict or engage it head-on? I try to engage because I hate having things linger.
17. What was the most recent compliment you’ve received and savoured? Despite my added pregnancy weight, a friend told me I looked beautiful
18. What is something about yourself that you hope will change, but probably never will? I bite my nails and over-worry.
19. Are you a creature of habit? Explain. I like certain things the way I like them so yes
20. Are you high maintenance? Explain. It depends- purses yes.
21. When was the last time you really pushed yourself to your physical limits? I’m anxious to get back to a solid work out after our baby boy comes so coming soon!
22. Do you have a whole lot of acquaintances or just a few very close friends? Why? Both. I feel lucky to have many friends who are always there to help my family and I also have several close friends from childhood, middle school and college!
23. Are you more inclined to “build your own empire” or unleash the potential of others? I think both. I want to build my own empire but want to help others to succeed too.
24. What’s a strange occurrence you’ve experienced but have never (or rarely) shared with anyone? A camp counselor once read my palm and told me I'd have 2 kids and am very close with my Mom ( both are true! )
25. What do you think about more than anything else? Work, making sure I'm balancing family/friends and worrying about my daughter and soon to be son!
26. What’s something that amazes you? How fast kids grow. I hate it
27. Do you prefer that people shoot straight with you or temper their words? Why? Give it to me straight. Always.
28. Where’s your favourite place to take an out-of-town guest? We love going to Piedmont Park downtown Atlanta!
29. What’s one thing you’d rather pay someone to do than do yourself? Why? Hmm maybe go grocery shopping for me!
30. Do you have a catchphrase? Not that I can think of. I call people that are close to me "love".
31. What’s your reaction towards people who are outspoken about their beliefs? What conditions cause you to dislike or, conversely, enjoy talking with them? Everyone should feel comfortable sharing their own thoughts but be mindful that you may overstep your boundaries. We can't please everyone too.
32. How and where do you prefer to study? I used to study either in the library or in my dorm room.
33. What position do you sleep in? On my side or on my stomach. I cannot sleep on my back and it's killing me with this little guy! Only a few more weeks!
34. What’s your all-time favourite town or city? Why? It's actually a town called Taormina located in Sicily, Italy. I visited in college and vowed to go back and live one day.
35. What are the top three qualities that draw you to someone new? Welcoming, encouraging and a good smile.
36. How has your birth order/characteristics of siblings affected you? I’m the oldest so I’ve always been a leader, strong-willed, bossy if you will… opps.
37. If you could eliminate one weakness or limitation in your life, what would it be? My fear of something bad happening. I think I would be a lot happier if I didn’t worry so much about something bad happening all the time.
38. If you could restore one broken relationship, which would it be? One of my best friends in college.
39. If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to? I actually like my name.
40. Do you believe ignorance is bliss? Why or why not? No. I don’t believe in keeping things a secret or lying.
41. What do you consider unforgivable? I don’t know. I used to think a lot of things when I was younger but until your in that situation, you can't really define it.
42. Have you forgiven yourself for past personal failures? Why or why not? Of course. You live and learn many things.
43. How difficult is it for you to forgive someone who refuses to apologize? I used to always be the first person to say sorry but now if someone refuses to apologize for something, I'm not going to let it ruin my day.
44.Do you hold any convictions that you would be willing to die for? Nope
45. To what extent do you trust people? Explain. I used to trust way too easily growing up which lead to broken hearts, big arguments and a lot of lies. My guard can be up but I'll trust you until I catch you in a lie.
46. In what area of your life are you immature? My husband and I tend to always be a bit immature at times ;) I really love that we can act like kids together.
47. What was the best news you ever received? That we were having a healthy baby girl and soon to be baby boy!
48. How difficult is it for you to be honest, even when your words may be hurtful or unpopular? If I think it can be hurtful I'll choose my words carefully but I'm very honest.
49. When did you immediately click with someone you just met? Why? What was the long term result? Conversely, are you close with anyone now that you really disliked at first? A girlfriend of mine just immediately clicked one night over a love of a TV show, favorite dessert and more! It was like we were the same person ha! And yes, we are still close!
50. When do you find yourself singing? All the time!